A student visa is a type of living permit that allows individuals to stay in a foreign country to study in public or private universities.
This kind of living permit is perfect for those who want to enrol in any master’s, PhD or bachelor’s degree in a schengen country. It’s important to remember that this visa is for those living outside of the European states.
Main Requirements For Student Visa
Before starting the real application procedure, the applicant applying for the visa must know the student schengen visa requirements as follows:
You cant be a European Union citizen to apply for the visa. You must live in a third country, not part of the schengen zone.
Applicant must not be banned from entry into the schengen country.
- You must have enough financial funds to live in the country for about 1 or 2 years, which mainly depends on how long you plan to study there. You have to show 100% of the IPREM, which is almost about 600 EUR
- Having valid travel medical insurance to live in a schengen country and to meet any sudden medical emergencies.
- You need to enrol in the course of the university where you plan to study. It means you have to get acceptance from the university first before applying.
- Even though a wide variety of courses and institutes are valid, you must first verify that they comply with all requirements.
- Applicant must have a clear criminal background record
- You also need a flight reservation for visa application or travel itinerary for schengen visa. A flight reservation for a visa without payment can be used for this purpose. Only buy a fee once you get your visa successfully.
- If you are applying for any postgraduate degree, then you will have to show the valid university degree that you have obtained from your country of origin.
Where To Submit The Visa Application Form
You can now apply for your student visa from your country of origin (at the nearest consulate) or directly while in the schengen area with your tourist visa.
The application time must take place within 90 days before beginning your studies in Spain and at least 30 days before. Keep this time frame in your mind.
- At the airport or the border, you can’t get a visa.
- The Embassy or consulate can’t promise that a visa will be given. No one has a legal right to a ticket.
- Travel companies and guidebooks are not responsible for the information they give.
- Schengen visa holders still have to go through customs checks and determine if they will be let into any of the Schengen Area countries.
Documents Required For The Student Schengen Visa
Essential documents required for the student schengen visa:
- Below is the list of all documents that must be for a student schengen visa application:
The visa application form must be filled completely and signed by the applicant, and there must be mentioned that your primary purpose for travelling is to study.
- Two Recently Clicked Photographs No Older Than 6 Months
- A valid passport in excellent condition has two blank pages for further visa stamps.
- You must attach the old passports if available.
- A detailed flight itinerary
- Proof of accommodation which can be a hostel reservation or invitation from family or friend. It can also be a rental agreement for any room or apartment.
- Schengen travel insurance of almost 30,000 EUR to meet your daily expenses during your whole stay in schengen country.
- Some schengen universities or colleges also state that they will provide you with accommodation.
- Proof of sufficient financial means in the form of bank slips of the last 3 to 6 months. It is essential as embassy officials think that you can easily meet all your expenses in a schengen country.
- A sponsorship letter having details of the sponsor, like contact details and ID/passport of the sponsor. It also includes the bank statement for the last 3 to 6 months.
- Documents that show how much you are close to the sponsor, like if parents are sponsoring your trip, then you can submit original birth certificates showing their names.
- Valid proof that you have a scholarship, and remember that your scholarship must cover a minimum of 631 euros /month.
- A briefly written cover letter in which you briefly explain your purpose for visiting the Schengen country and all your travel plans.
- Proof that you have paid the schengen student visa fee.
- Proof of civil status in the form of documents like marriage certificates or birth certificates.
- Letter of acceptance from the schengen university or college stating that they have accepted you as a student.
- Proof of all previous qualifications like diplomas and academic records.
- No objection certificate (NOC) states that your current university or college has no issue with travelling to the schengen country if you are currently enrolled there.
- Proof of enrollment from the university where you are currently enrolled at your university and it must include that you are attending a course of study from the specific school or university
- In case if you are a minor, you must submit the following:
◦ Birth certificate
◦ Certified copies of ID/Passports of your parents.
◦ A letter of authorization from the parents
- If you are employed, you must have to submit:
- Contract of employment
◦ Permission letter from employer
◦ Payslips of 3 to 6 months
◦ COE (certificate of employment)
◦ Personal Income Tax Return (ITR)
- If you are self-employed, you must have to submit:
◦ Registration Certificate of business
◦ Business license
◦ Business Income Certificates
◦ Bank Statements for the last 3-6 months
◦ Company Income Tax Return
- Copies of all documents
- Proof that you have paid the fee for your course in advance.
- A copy of your residence permit, If you are not a citizen of the country where you are applying.
- Now that you know what papers you need for your Student schengen visa appliction, you should also know how to apply for a Visa in general.